Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Jackrabbit

I saw one of the jackrabbits at Innovation Place both on my way to work and on my way home the other day. Earlier in the spring there were two around, but I've only seen one recently. The other one may have relocated or may have fallen prey to a coyote, or more likely, a car.

Jackrabbit

It's definitely getting browner, but still looks a little scruffy as it's losing its winter coat.

It started digging in a patch of sand, and then rolled in it.

Jackrabbit

On the way home I spotted it lying under some trees with its ears down.

Jackrabbit

When I slowly moved closer, it put its ears back up.

Jackrabbit

I only had my Lumix ZS100 but it does a decent job for a little camera. This last shot was one of my prints of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment