Sunday, April 24, 2016

Prints of the Week

"I suffer from a love affair with this planet. My camera is my ticket to a front row seat for the spectacle of nature. It has taught me to see with greater intensity, understand more deeply, and appreciate more fully the blue planet we call home." - Jack Dykinga
From Monteverde Reserve, Costa Rica on our recent trip. Taken near the hummingbird feeders, but thankfully without a feeder messing up the photo. I think it's a Steely-vented hummingbird. Decently sharp result from the 18-300 travel lens.

hummingbird

Earlier on the same trip, this was one of the many turtles we saw in Austin, Texas. I like the reflections of the trees on the left, and how you can see its feet underwater, and how the turtle is framed by the two horizontal highlights on the water above and below and the circular ripples around it.

turtle swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment