Saturday, July 11, 2015

Close to Home

“There are always flowers for those who want to see them. ”
- Matisse

Earlier in the summer we had bought an arrangement of succulents from Solar Gardens at the Farmers Market. Although we don't tend to have very green thumbs they've actually done quite well. Maybe they like the warm weather. Shelley asked me if I'd photographed the flowers on them, but I hadn't even noticed them. Probably because I tend to see them when I'm going to and from work and they're only open in the middle of the day. They're not very big but they are pretty, and the bright color contrasts nicely with the green of the rest of the plant.

succulent flower

succulent flower

While I was at it I took photos of some of the other succulents in the arrangement.

succelent

succelent

Several years ago we had a bunch of native plants added to our flower beds. They didn't all survive, but the ones that did seem to be doing quite well. Here's one that's flowering right now. Of course, I've forgotten what kinds they are!

flower

No comments:

Post a Comment