Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Wildflowers

The question is not what you look at, but what you see.
- Henry David Thoreau

Early spring on the prairies can seem rather drab - all bare trees and dead brown grass. But if you look closely there are little splashes of color to reward you. These were taken in south-west Saskatchewan around Eastend and Cypress Hills.

There were lots of prairie crocus around. Although I'd already taken lots of photos of these I couldn't resist a few more.

prairie crocus

I'm terrible at identifying flowers. The only other one I think I know are the mountain shooting stars.

mountain shooting star

Id's are welcome if you know what any of these others are.

wildflowers

wildflowers

wildflowers

wildflowers

See all 16 photos as a slideshow or overview

No comments:

Post a Comment