Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Walking Home

It was a little warmer walking home this evening, up to -12c (although -20c with the windchill) so I pulled out the camera to take a few quick shots.

Untitled

Untitled

I liked the S curve of the open water, which shows better in the second shot, but in the end I think I prefer the first. What do you think?

These shots were pushing the low light capabilities of even the RX100ii (ISO 6400) - better results wide angle at F1.8 & 1/30 sec than zoomed in at F4.9 & 1/10 sec.

2 comments:

  1. I like the sky in the first one. More dramatic. But the S curve really pops out in the second one. They are both great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like all of your photos, Andrew, but I think I agree with Shelley - the first one is the nicest. I envy you with those sunsets! I got to see one tremendous sunset in NJ but not from a photographer's viewpoint - way too much "infrastructure" in the sky but the colour was as good as any I've seen in Waskesiu! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete