Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Gulls on the River

When I was out running I noticed there was a big flock (a "screech") of gulls on one of the sand bars. So Sunday morning before the sun got too high I headed down there with my tripod and long lens and took a ton of photos (almost 400).

(click to view 27 photos)
Untitled


Sadly, most of them were underexposed (too dark), not sure why. I corrected for this in Lightroom but the result isn't as good as if they had been correctly exposed to start with. Also, none of them were very sharp. That was a little disappointing after going to the effort of using a tripod. I'm not sure if it was focus problems or camera movement or something else. Obviously, the birds were moving too, but that's understandable.

I struggled with trying to track flying birds - that's a challenge with a 750mm (500 x 1.5) equivalent lens.

On the positive side, I got some good action shots. I just need to work on the image quality. It's all good practice.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

View a slideshow or an overview of the 27 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment