Saturday, May 04, 2013

Print of the Week

Leafy seadragon at the Monterey Bay Aquarium

Leafy seadragon
(click to view larger)


I figured it was time to print one of my underwater creature photos. I'd love to see these diving but this is at an aquarium. They're probably hard to spot though - amazing camouflage!

I could have used a little more depth of focus, but at least the head is reasonably sharp. And considering it's through a thick pane of glass, it came out pretty well.

I know prints usually come out too dark, so I deliberately lighten them up (and turn down my monitor brightness). But I think I made it slightly too light this time. I did do a couple of small test prints, but you don't get a totally accurate idea from a small print.

See also: other print posts

No comments:

Post a Comment