Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Still Winter

I wish I was posting more spring-like photographs, but the fact is, it's still winter in Saskatoon. Hopefully that will change soon.

The sun on the frost and mist was too pretty not to try to capture yesterday on my way to work. I'd deliberately underdressed since it's been getting warm later in the day, but that turned out to be a mistake when I dawdled taking pictures. Despite officially being spring, it was -20c first thing, which makes for cold hands!

(click to view photos)
Untitled


Shooting into the sun with the G12, it's hard to know what you're getting. I just shoot a variety of subjects and angles and hope something turns out and has the feel I'm after. I think a few of these came out ok. I continue to try to follow the advice that if color isn't adding anything, then make it black and white. The problem is I really like color! So the shots I convert to black and white are usually ones that are close to monochrome to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment