Sunday, April 29, 2012

Flowers in the Desert

I decided to leave my camera behind since we were doing a long trad route and I seldom take any photos while we're climbing. Of course, then I kept seeing things I wanted to take photos of on the hike in and out. Shelley let me use her camera and was patient while I took endless pictures of cactus and flowers. I like the desert. It's a bit like the prairies, bleak at first glance, but with surprising life when you look closer. The flowers on the cactus are always a delicious contrast - such pretty flowers on such a prickly plant! Shelley's camera, a Panasonic DMC-TS2, does a darn good job, although its main features are that it's shock proof and water proof - good for climbing and paddling.

click to view photos
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment