Monday, July 19, 2010

Sustainable Ecotourism

These folks asked me to mention their organization and awards. They seem like a legit organization, so I will:

http://www.ecotourism.org/innovation-awards

Although, to be really sustainable, I think tourism (like many other things) has to be more local. No matter how you do it, flying half way round the world for a holiday is not exactly sustainable. At least until we can power it with something other than fossil fuels.

I notice their conference is in Portland in September. Shelley and I are thinking about going diving in Baja at the end of August, beginning of September so if I'm in the area, I'll have to check it out. (Travelling by train and bus isn't all good either, but at least you pay a cost in time that makes you think twice about what you're doing, unlike flying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment