Sunday, July 25, 2010

More Names

I left Jack London Square, that wasn't really a square, and came to my hotel in Santa Clara that's at Rivermark Village. As you can probably guess, it's not, by any stretch of the imagination, a village. It's another shopping center. On the positive side, it does have a few coffee places and restaurants.

I arrived at the Great America Amtrak station. (Except it wasn't a station, just a stop.) When I hear "Great America" I think it must be a museum or a monument or something. If you're thinking there's a pattern and it must be another shopping center, sorry, it's not. This time it's a giant amusement park, like Disneyland. What a name. Is that really what makes America great? Probably a lot of people think so.

Also on a positive note, I managed to walk most of the two miles from the train to the hotel on trails in a park along the Guadalupe River. Much nicer than the roads Google suggested, although it was their map that showed the trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment