Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Expeditions

2006 Cho Oyu, Tibet
Succeeded, solo. Summited May 7.

2005 Mt. Saskatchewan (unclimbed), St. Elias Range, Yukon
None of the team summited

2004 Aconcagua, False Polish route, Argentina, South America
Just Shelley and I, we both summited

2003 Kilimanjaro, Western Breach, Tanzania, Africa
Just Shelley and I, we both summited

2001 Shishapangma, Tibet
None of the team summited

1999 Manaslu, Nepal
5 other team members summited

1997 Cho Oyu, Tibet
2 other team members summited

1995 Broad Peak, Pakistan
Shelley and I summited along with four other team members. First female Canadian ascent. Possibly first Canadian ascent?

1993 Denali, West Buttress, Alaska
All four of our team reached the summit.

1991 Changtse (North peak of Everest), Tibet
Another team member and I reached the North Col

1990 Denali, East Buttress, Alaska
Just Shelley and I - unsuccessful

All except Changtse and Broad Peak were organized and led by Shelley and I. None of the trips have been guided (other than the mandatory African "guide" on Kili) and we've never used sherpas or oxygen. Only Broad Peak was a commercial trip and it was still unguided and without porters or sherpas.

No comments:

Post a Comment